Monday, January 10, 2011

HI, IT'S ME AGAIN!

MTC group that came out last year, we all met up at a conference.
This is the menudo soup I ate last week.
Lynwood sign in my new area.



So we are ALMOST THERE! We are finding tons of people to talk to, and we talk with bazillions of people, but we haven't had very much success yet. We were knocking doors, and we found this awesome guy that invited us in to watch a football game with him. We told him we weren't allowed to watch it, and we sat down and shared the Restoration message with him. Then his wife showed up towards the end of the lesson, and they started asking us questions about missionary work and what we were doing. They were really nice. And it was really nice to get in to somebody's house and share a message wtih them. They accepted a return appointment, so now we are just hoping they will be there when we come back! They have one son, and they seemed fairly interested. We found quite a few other people to teach as well. We taugh a lady named Maria Marciel. She is a former investigator. She is really awesome, and I have no doubt she would be baptized if she could go to church! She works every day and she can't ever go to church :( . We found another family that let us in to share a lesson. It was a really awkward lesson, but they miraculously accepted a return appointment. The less active family we have been working wtih didn't come to church on Sunday. I wasn't very happy about that. But we did have one less active girl come to church.

I got to play the piano for Sacrament Meeting yesterday! I will get to play for the next 3 Sundays because the girl that usually plays will be out of town. My district leader, Elder Bluth, was really happy to find out that I could play the piano, or else he would have been the one to try to play the Hymns! But I'm glad to be of service again.

Elder Cottrell's bike got two flats and a broken chain this past week, so we made a couple pilgrimages on foot to the bike shop.

Have I mentioned the fixie bikes out here? Every Latino boy has a fixie bike. They are all over the streets around here! I don't know if you've seen them before, but they are HUGE in California. They are really skinny. Street tires. Really skinny handlebars. Single, fixed gear. And they are really colorful. My companion rides one haha! But I still feel more manly with my orange mountain bike.

I'm still working hard on my Spanish. Still losing my hair a little. Gaining a little weight. I'm healthy (not to mention really really really strong). And I'm having a good time serving the Lord.

I love you all. I'm glad you got to go to the visitor's center over in Missouri. That sounds nice. It sounds kind of like the one here. We'll come back and visit the one here someday, if you haven't been here to see it already haha! Hey guess what?! I'm going on splits in Watts tomorrow with our District Leader! Woooo! I'm pretty excited to see what it's like over there.

I've tried attaching the pictures again on this e-mail, so let me know if you get them. The picture of the soup is the menudo I ate last week, and a little piece of intestine. And the group picture is all of us that came out to L.A. last year! We all met up again at a big meeting a couple weeks ago.

Well I hope you all have an awesome week! I miss you all and I keep you in my prayers. They Lord is watching after each one of us. I know this work is true. This church is true, and the Book of Mormon, as well as the Bible, are the word of God. I like the scripture in Matthew 5:14-16 where it talks about how we are the light of the world, and we should show our light to everbody. I love this gospel.

Love,

Elder Ross Watkins

No comments:

Post a Comment