Monday, February 7, 2011

Almost a Man

We came across this sign while tracking yesterday. A Salt Lake Avenue in Los Angeles!
In front of the mission home. It is being demolished.
Well, guess what? I WILL BE A MAN ON FRIDAY! I will be a 20 year old MAN! I can already see the transformation in myself, because I'm starting to look more and more like dad, with less and less hair on my scalp haha! Thank you for the package! I really like it. There is nothing like new garments. That is the first time I've had new garments in a whole year! And mom, I'm really excited for the jams! I had the apple cinnamon one on some toast this morning, and it was really good! I will try to make the cake this week if I can. I also got a letter from cousin Sam! It sounds like he is doing really well, and he will be an awesome missionary some day. I also got a package from the Horton family, and from Tammy and Peter. It was a good week for mail!

So church turned out to be pretty successful yesterday! We invited a man to come to church, and he came with his girlfriend, and they really liked the testimony meeting. I'm always nervous bringing new investigators to testimony meeting for their first time at church. But it was a really nice, spiritual meeting, so we have a return appointment with them this week, and they agreed to come to church this upcoming Sunday!

Funny experience this past week. I did some serious sleep talking a few days ago: It was nighttime, and I was sitting crosslegged on my bed, and I said "my purpose as a missionary is to invite others to come unto Christ". I wasn't awake, but I could tell I was talking. Elder Cottrell woke up and said, "Elder Watkins, what did you just say?". I replied, "I said, my purpose as a missionary is to invite others to come unto Christ." He responded, "Elder Watkins, are you awake?" And I said "yeah, of course I'm awake. What time is it?" I looked at the clock and it was 1 in the morning. I then realized that I had just been sleeptalking, and got kind of embarrassed! HAHA! It was really weird, but really funny when we talked about it when we woke up. It was really weird because I felt like I was awake, but I was sleeptalking! I guess I know my missionary purpose pretty well if I'm reciting it in my sleep!

The work is going well. We have a few people that are really really hard to contact. A lot of people in this area work tough, long hours, so it makes it hard to meet with people. But we are working hard and the Lord is putting people in our path.

Hey guess what, my trainer, Elder Hopoate, got married this past week! He will be moving back to Tonga this month too!

Well, another good week as a missionary. Missionary work is awesome. I will do it for life. There is no way I will finish with this mission. There will be many more after this one. We have the best news in the world, and there are people waiting to hear it. I know Jesus is the Christ. Joseph Smith restored His church, and gift of the Holy Ghost is really powerful. I love you a whole bunch, and thanks for your support. I'm sorry to hear about Bon qui qui. She was a good looking car. Maybe Emily can drive the skid steer to school, that way she can have the coolest diesel in the high shool. I'm happy to hear about your temple opportunity Emily. That will be a serious blessing. Take care, and let me know if you need anything.

Love,

Elder Ross Watkins

No comments:

Post a Comment