Monday, June 27, 2011

BACK TO JEFFERSON PARK!!!!!

Back to his old stomping grounds, Jefferson Park
Ross and his new companion, Elder Jung pronounced 'Young", it is German.
Ross and Elder Carver and their baptism, Bishop and ward members.
Elder Carver, baptism, Elder Watkins, and fellowshipper.

sooooooo transfer calls came in......you'll never believe it. I couldn't believe it when it came! President Baker called me on tuesday morning and told me that I'M GOING BACK TO JEFFERSON PARK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND IT'S THE GREATEST THING THAT HAS EVER HAPPENED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I couldn't focus the whole day because I was so excited that I would be going back to my home stomping grounds. Exact same boundaries and everything! I already know the streets and the people, and even my companion! His name is Elder Jung from Palmyra, New York. This is his last transfer in his mission, then I'm going to "kill" him. He is a district leader. And guess what else??? I HAVE A CAR NOW!!!!!!! It has been the nicest thing in the whole world! Missionary work in a car is really nice! A few people I used to work with have now been baptized, including J and K, P, and C. It is amazing. So that means I'm back in Barrio Sexto! You should have seen the look on P's face when I walked into his home for the first time in 8 months!! It is soooo good to be back! I feel like the Lord still has some other people here that He wants me to find and help out. I guess I didn't finish the job the first time. So I'm on JEFFERSON PARK ROUND #2!!!!!!!
We had two baptisms yesterday. Two kids got baptized. Their father just got baptized last week, and he got the Holy Ghost and the Priesthood and baptized his kids! It was a super spiritual experience! Then, I got permission from president Baker to go back to my old area for A's baptism! We had the bishop baptize him! Bishop told the story about how he met him 25 years ago, and he invited him to church, but he would never come. And now he was baptizing him! It was really awesome! It has been a crazy week, and it ended really nicely with some beautiful baptisms. I feel like the Lord has been blessing me a whole lot lately. It is really exciting and hard work at the same time.
We are working with some really awesome people right now. V and R are the children of a less active member, and their grandma brings them to church. We are working hard to get them baptized and get their mom active in the church again. We are also finding tons of other people to teach.
My companion is really awesome. He speaks Spanish really well, and we do really well teaching together. We are working super hard, and doing our best to be obedient missionaries.
I know this church is true! Thank you so much for your prayers. I will attach some pictures!
Love, Elder R. Watkins

No comments:

Post a Comment