Monday, June 13, 2011

A Zillion Appointments

This is Ross doing two different mission service projects. In the top pic he is third from the right and in the pic below he is on the far right.

Dearly beloved brethren,(I assume that when they say that in the scriptures they are talking to the women too), my greetings unto thee in the land of my first inheritance! I'm really grateful that I can push buttons on an electrical machine and send my words to you rather than doing it "Paul Style" by sending epsitles. I've been reading the New Testament lately, and I think it's getting to my brain. I'm almost done!
SOOOOO, this past week was a rough but blessed one. We had a zillion appointments fall through. It has been hard. We had some great appointments with a sister this past week! We went over and read the Book of Mormon with her because she hasn't been reading lately, then she invited us to have lunch with her family on Saturday, then we had another appointment with her and her family that night. We talked about how important it was for her to read the Book of Mormon and pray about it, and that she NEEDS to go to church if she wants to gain a testimony of the church. To make a long story short....she didn't come to church!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHH!!!!! I don't know what to do!!!!!!! I just wish people would come to church! But, we did have some succes at church! A came to church again!!! He is great! We have been meeting with him real often because he is making some serious progress. We gave him a card of the commandments and related scriptures, and he has been studying the scriptures and learning about things like Tithing and the Word of Wisdom all on his own! He is an awesome guy! He always talks about his baptism. He is making tons of friends at church, and it will be a nice easy pass-off from us to the ward after his baptism. He even wants the bishop to baptize him!!!! That is awesome news! Being baptized by the Bishop will be more special than one of us baptizing him, especially because they are long lost friends. We went to the Visitors' Center with him. A member of our ward drove us all up, and it was a really nice experience. We also took him to the Book of Mormon class on tuesday night! He has been inviting his friends to listen to the missionaries! He is so passionate about the gospel and he wants everybody to hear the word! We talked to one of his roommates yesterday, and taught him a little bit, and we are going to go back and teach him this week. AWESOME! Other than that, the work has been a little rough. But a blessing like that erases all the other hardships of the work. Please keep praying for all our investigators. Thanks!!!
Hey mom, I ate Chile Relleno yesterday. It was super satisfying.
Thanks for the updates on my friends and their missions! It pumps me up to hear what they are doing. Cory's mission sounds crazy! When he gets transferred he goes to different countries! When I get transferred I go on a 15 min. car drive haha! You can drive from the top to the bottom of our mission probably in less than 30 minutes. It is also great to hear from David and Tyler! They sound like Super-missionaries!
I love you all and thank you for your prayers and support. Keep up the faith and never forget to be good, because it's worth it! I know that Christ is our Saviour and he takes our burden if we are humble.
love, Elder Watkins

No comments:

Post a Comment