Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Temple Day

This morning at the temple.


L.A. Temple before sunrise this morning!


Ross making a "Zillion Pound" hamberger.


Wow! Crazy Week!!!!!!!! We had an awesome weeek! We have been doing tons of finding, and we have been finding lots of success! Since we have p-day today instead of Monday, we went out and had a regular work Monday. And it ended up being the best Monday of my mission!!! We went out and taught lessons all day and found a whopping 6 new investigators!!!! It was crazy! I couldn't believe it! The Lord blessed us all day long, and we were wiped out by the end of the day! Missionary work is really tiring.
I wish I could tell you everything that happened all week, but there is not enough time. We had a nice FHE with our investigator and we had her come over to a recent convert's house for the FHE. It went really nice. She loves coming to church. We found out about her coffee addiction, but that shouldn't slow her down. Pray for her! We also had really good food this past week. Some rooster soup, and tons of pupusas! J L should be getting married this weekend, which means she will be baptized the following, on the 23rd! We found out that she has been investigating for a total of 10 years!!! And we are the lucky missionaries that get to hold the baptismal service. She is super strong. This next week we are going to focus on setting baptismal dates. We have a huge teaching pool right now, and we just need to teach them all and help them keep commitments so they can be baptized.
A couple nights ago we had a nice experience with a new family who is investigating. We went to the door for our appointment, and the two ladies inside invited us in. We had to explain to them that we can't be in the home with them unless there was another adult male wtih us. So one of the women went out into the yard and grabbed her husband and had him come in for the lesson. The lesson turned out being focused on the husband because he enede up being the most interested of them all. And he didn't even hesitate when we asked him to offer the closing prayer. He offered a nice prayer, and the Spirit was definitely there! I guess that's what we get for following mission rules!
My companion is doing really well. He is picking up Spanish really fast. He is really obedient and smart. It is good for me because I always forget things, and he remembers EVERYTHING! He is like a walking computer! Hey dad, I made a zillion pound hamburger for lunch yesterday, and I've been making fish for lunch too. I AM A MAN! And my receeding hairline is getting more defined, and I'm proud of it!
Welp, I love you all and thank you for your prayers! May God be with you and bless you! I know this church is true!
Love, Elder Watkins
The temple pictures are from this morning before the sun even rose! We got to do the 7:30am session!

No comments:

Post a Comment