Monday, November 14, 2011

Clean Apartment, New Zone

Winners of the clean apartment awards! Ross' mom is amazed.
New zone, the Griffeth Zone.

Map of the new zone changes.

Wow! We had an awesome week! We started off with a really good Zone Conference! Elder Jacobberger and I got to do some trainings, and President Baker just blew us all away with his trainings! It was really good and inspiring!
We have been finding some awesome new people to work with! We received a referral from the San Diego Temple for an awesome couple in our area. They have been progressing really well, and we are really excited about them. They come from a different religious background, but are really interested in our religion and especially the Book of Mormon. We dropped by their house yesterday and we caught him reading his Book of Mormon! Woohoo!!! They were out of town yesterday so they couldn't come to church, but they are coming to a class we are teaching at the church tomorrow evening! We have another lady that we found tracting. She is awesome! We went over yesterday for a follow-up lesson, and she had already read the pamphlet that we left with her, and she had tons of questions for us. She has an uncle in central America who is a member of the church, and she called him and asked him tons of questions, and he told her just to go to the church to find out for herself. She will be coming next week! And, we found out that she works in the house of a super famous/rich moviestar during the week. You will have to ask me about that one when I come home, and I'll tell you who it is. Hollywood...who would'a thought?
I got permission to go back to Barrio Sexto to do a confirmation yesterday! J L finally got baptized, and she wanted me to do the confirmation since I couldn't come to the confirmation the week before. It was awesome! She had been investigating the church for some 10 years, and she was finally able to get married and baptized! Her family is doing really well, and it was a privledge for me to do the confirmation. I got to see tons of the people I worked with in Jefferson Park while I was there. It was really fun!
Welp, I love you all and thank you for all the support! Hopefully I'll have some good news about people coming to church next week! I know that this is God's true church. I know that this is His work. Love you!
Elder Watkins

No comments:

Post a Comment