Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Baptism!

This is the Coliseum at USC, we ride by sometimes.

Hello, hello, hello again! HAAAAAAPPPPPYYYY BIRTHDAAAAAYY TOOOOO LINDESEEEEEYY! WOOOOO IT'S YOUR BIRTHDAY LINDSEY! THAT IS A VERY GOOD THING! IT MEANS YOU ARE ONE STEP CLOSER TO HAVEING GRAY HAIR! WOOO! I HOPE YOU HAVE THE BEST BIRTHDAY IN THE WHOLE ENTIRE WORLD!!!
everything is going really well. Alesha, your trip to D.R. sounds way awesome! You made my companion trunky (miss home) with the pictures you sent. It looks like a really nice place. Wooo! speaking of vacations, I'm here in the best mission ever! Things are going really well. our zone went through a bunch of changes this past week. They put a whole bunch of sister missionaries in our zone. We have about 10-12 sisters in our zone now. Some of them work at the Visitor's Center. We've been trying to take as many people to the visitor's center as possible, because it helps investigators and recent converts a whole lot. The visitor's center and the Temple are both in our zone, so they aren't very far away. But we don't have a car, so we get rides from recent converts, investigators, or we take the bus (the bus is really awesome because there are all KINDS of people in there).
So on Sunday we had an awesome baptism! It was really amazing! She brought her husband and both her kids to church too. It was the frist time her husband had been to church. We are going to work hard with him to try to get him baptized too. The baptismal service was really nice, and we did a couple of musical numbers. Elder Johnson and I sang "I Stand All Amazed" in Spanish and it invited the spirit really well. Then Elder Cruz and I sang "Te Hallare mi Amigo", which is a song about missionaries finding their friends and teaching them the Gospel. It was a really nice service.
I have a good story! So on Saturday, Elder Cruz and I rode our bikes from our chapel to our house, which is only about 3 miles. We decided to count all the churches along the road. WE COUNTED 30 CHURCHES IN 3 MILES! And they were all different churches, and only one of them was completely true (ours). And that was just one road. There are TONS of others all throughout our area. The End
Dad, I really want to hear some of your mission stories, and what your mission was like. Andrew too. I'll bet you had some awesome experiences!
Mom, thanks so much for the package! MMMMMMMMmmmmm! you definitely know what kind of stuff I like. That orange-chocolate stuff almost put me in a coma because it was so good. And apricot jam is a reaalllyy good choice. It was a relief to have some doughnuts too. Doughnuts are like medicine. I can't go too long without them or else I start losing my focus and I go cross-eyed. So thanks a bunch.
It is cloudy today! WOOO! I really miss overcast days. The clouds almost always go away around midday here, and it rarely rains. It has not rained all summer. I love you all a whole bunch. I know this church is true with all my heart, and I know it changes peoples lives. That is one of the best things of the whole thing, is watching people change into happier people. Since his baptism and confirmation, he has turned into a different person. He seems so much happier and more kind now. It is amazing. Keep working hard. I love you all! have a super week!
Lover, Elder Watkins

No comments:

Post a Comment